Sunday, October 31, 2010

Clear Nail Polish

Recently a co-worker got a pretty good paper cut. Working with files and paper all day it can happen at any moment and its usually right when you are in the zone and getting a lot done and blam, flesh sliced by paper. Well paper if your lucky.  Every now and then I've had the miss-opprotunity to catch flesh on a file folder and those are not pretty. Thick cardboard, major slice-age which means major pain.

I happen to remember something that I use when I get a paper cut, which is clear nail polish. It doesn't stay on for days and days but depending on how much you use your hands and how much you wash them you can get a pretty good half or almost all day out of an application.  If your proficient with super glue this works good too but I end up somehow getting too much or some in the cap and my superglue ends up being a one time application and that can get expensive. I'll stick with the clear nail polish.
What I love about the nail polish is that it protects those little bits of exposed nerves that seem to be right on the edge of your cut and even the wind blowing sometimes can irritate it and remind you of your recent encounter. Funny how something so seemily small and weak can inflict such pain.

Another use that you're probably well aware of is for taming runs in your panty hose. I don't know many people that still wear them but I still see it them being sold in stores so someone must still be wearing them at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment