Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Out Throw Up Smell

My son decided to choke on a cracker the other morning. I had just turned onto my sitters street. Bright minded me thought that I could catch his throw up in my one free hand. What is it about moms that we think this is EVER a good idea? I don't see my DH (dear husband) ever do something as self punishing as this. So I end up having 1 hand covered in vomit, trying to drive with the other hand and trying to verbally soothe the crying 1&1/2 year old while listening to his older sister 3&1/2 tell me how gross that was and how bad it smells... Really? Okay thank you DD (dear daughter) because I'm not sitting right here with some of the gross bad smelling juice all over my hand. I would not have known that without you telling me.

Thank you modern technology for BABY WIPES. Ended up getting most everything cleaned up with baby wipes as best I could. Let my DS (dear son) actually walk for once to the sitters door because I don't want to try and carry him and get gross bad smelling juice all over my clothes too. My DS tends to be new to being walk free so being let free was fun until I had to catch him and manage him inside. Glad I remembered to update the extra set of clothes for him when the last were used. DS didn't have to run in tennis shoes and a diaper all day.

Now for the smelling car. UG.. I had one of the busiest day's at work than I've had in a long time.. and Murphy's Laws of course had to play into this one... I was in my car more yesterday than any work day in the past 2 years. With no way to clean the gross bad smelling juice up until I got home I got to take my vehicle here and there and park it in the hot Utah sun to bake that smell in as best I could. I call one of my dear sisters that has 6 kids... no your eyes are not needing to be examined, I really did type 6. Certainly someone with that much child rearing experience has got to know the BEST possible way, to get gross bad smell out of my vehicle, and hopefully the fastest.  In talking with her, she says soapy water and elbow grease. Okay, not so much help there. I had kind of sort of already done that with the baby wipes right?

Most of the gross bad smelling juice ended up on the car seat cover. So pulled that to be washed. I also took an old toothbrush, some Lysol and a rag and commenced seeking and destroying any remaining bits of gross bad smelling particles that had once had juice infused into them. I was hopeful that the Lysol would be the end of the story and I wouldn't have to go to a more involved process requiring more steps.

This morning I am VERY happy to report. 1% possible gross bad smelling juice smell and 99% Lysol smell. I'm going to buy one for every vehicle. Thank you Lysol.

No comments:

Post a Comment