Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Overnight Diaper Leakage

My youngest child, who is a boy and currently 1&1/2 years old  has had a problem with being wet in the morning. I have tried a few tricks and have ended up with the best things that work for us.  You are welcome to try or not them.  Here they are in order of how I have tried them:

larger diaper - go to the next size of diaper.
double diaper - put on on top of the other. Position the 1st diaper as far in the front as possible and then fold down when you put the 2nd one on top. This will allow the wetness to go into the 2nd diaper.
nightime diaper - nighttime diapers worked good for a little while.
nightime diaper and regular diaper on top - use the double diapering technique.
diaper and double diaper (any combination) with plastic pants covering - found a package of 4 plastic pants in the newborn section of my local Wal-Mart. These have been the best component of the solution so far.
feminine maxi pad insert - yes you read correctly I have used a maxi pad as an insert to the diaper. I tried the thin kind first and my son developed a rash. I switched to the cheapest store brand and no further problems.

The current diaper situation that I use is a nighttime diaper, a maxi pad, and a plastic cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment