Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Make My Day


I was able to make my day and another persons day today. Well that is what they think. In reality it was a 2 for 1 deal. A co-worker/friend and I are on a committee together and we were at a meeting last Thursday. Friday I ran into her and she complimented me on my eye makeup from the day earlier and told me that it really made my eyes just pop out and it was stunning, her words. On my lunch break later that Friday I needed to run to the drug store for a few items and thought I would just see what the eyeshadow brand and kind was specifically since she asked.

The eyeshadow was not only on sale for 40% off there was a great coupon with it. With the coupon and in store deals I was able to buy an eyeshadow for myself at a good price, and got a second one for FREE. They happened to have the very shades I had been wearing. Everything lined up just right. 
When I got back to the office I tucked the free eyeshadow into my pocket and when I needed to run something that took me past her desk I got to have a little fun. I asked this woman if she knew it was her lucky day, she told me she never has a lucky day. I told her that today was different and presented her with the eyeshadow that I had found. I told her that it was hers to have.  She was so thrilled, her entire face lit up and she hugged me which is usually frowned on in offices (except women usually get away with it). She is from across the pond, England, and so she gave me a kiss on the cheek as well. She's a cheeky one as well that one so its okay right?

I really enjoy making my day by making another person's day. One more way I keep IT together.

No comments:

Post a Comment