Thursday, January 20, 2011

Up Early

Before I had my second child I would get up about 20 - 25 minutes before I needed to get up. I was good about getting up early to get a jump on some of the things that didn't get done the night before.  I would even do a little prep work on that evenings dinner at times. This little window of time was something that I really enjoyed.

My second child will be 2 in March and I've not managed to be able to get up early much. This morning I thought I would try it again since I made a huge mess of dishes last night cooking tonights dinner. Kids bags needed to be packed as well. I set 2 alarms one for the regular time in the event I didn't hear the first one or it didn't go off due to technical difficulty experienced by the whole country thanks to a glitch on certain phones software.

20 minutes before the first one goes off I'm lying in bed thinking why am I awake? After thinking on it for what seemed at least 15 minutes, which I'm sure was really 15 seconds I checked the actual time. Okay, time to decide what to do. I didn't see any signs of going back to sleep anytime soon so I got up.

Clean and dirty dishes taken care of and now a little blogging and then its off to pack the kids bags. Husband will be up soon and we watch the news and eat our breakfast together so we can have a little non-kid conversation. Most mornings we are SO tired we can't remember what we wanted to talk about but that's okay its nice not to be interrupted every half of a second, mostly by our 4 year old. 

I hope I don't resemble this picture later today.

I'm excited to continue with this UP EARLY business since it helps me feel like I have a tiny bit better of a handle on things. This is one way I manange to keep IT together.

No comments:

Post a Comment