Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mom Blogger in Need

Dawn Meehan is a mom blogger of 6 kids and lives in Chicago, IL. She got her start blogging and writing years ago when she put an ad up on ebay for some Pokemon cards that got into her cart unbeknownst to her on a shopping trip thanks to one of those 6 kids (yes she actually took all 6 kids to the grocery store). Someone that came across her ad noticed her funny and creative writing skills and started to forward her post via email.
That is where I first read her writing and after googling her I found her blog and have been following her story ever since. Dawns blog has brought me much entertainment and lightened my day and given me the laugh I've needed so many times. I can't help but to share her site and ask for help on her behalf. Dawn has fallen on very hard times with separation and pending divorce from her children's father. She has also had a few children need some special medical attention as of recent and to top it off she has received word recently that they will no longer have any medical coverage. 

Dawn needs help. There are a few ideas of ways to help, some cost little to nothing like sending a card or inspirational something her way and others are monetary. If you feel like you can and want to help I have provided a widget on the upper right hand side of my blog where you can make a monetary donation through pay pal.  Here is her blog site where you can read the other ideas that have been posted as to how to help.  http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/

If you want to more information as to the issues that she is currently dealing with she has posted about them there and I personally appreciate her candid but tactful sharing as well as all of the humor she has provided to me through out the past few years.  I will be ordering her book first thing tomorrow and seeing if I can put together some funds of some kind. It doesn't take much, many hands make light work.

No comments:

Post a Comment